THE POLISH NATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HYDROGEOLOGISTS
Definition and Aims
- The Polish National Committee shall be the Polish National Committee of the International Association of Hydrogeologists.
- The Polish National Committee shall operate within the framework provided by the Rules of IA
- The Polish National Committee shall have as its aims
- Representation of the Polish members of IAH in the activities of the parent body and in other international activities as appropr
- Appointment of reporters to the Council Meetings of IAH
- Promotion of activities which further groundwater science and technology.
- Promotion of groundwater issues in Poland and providing a link between the international groundwater community and hydrogeologists in Poland.
- Collaboration with other groups in Poland concerned with international and national water- related activities.
- The Polish National Committee is the corporate representative in Poland of the International Association. It may not however take any actions or incur any liabilities in the name of the International Association without the approval of an authorised official of the Association.
- The affairs of the Polish National Committee shall be managed by an Executive Committee consisting of:
- Up to five elected members of IA Members of IAH are eligible for election if they reside in Poland or if they work overseas but their permanent domicile is in Poland.
- Serving members of the Council of IAH resident in Poland.
- All members of the management committee of the Polish National Committee will normally serve for three years term beginning on the day of election. They can serve for no more than two terms consecutively.
- The officers of the management committee shall be a President, Vice President and a Secretary, who shall be appointed by the Polish National Committee from amongst their members.
- The President or Vice President (in case of President’s absence) will preside over meetings of the Committee.
- The Secretary will be responsible for preparing minutes of meetings and other general administrative work.
- The Polish National Committee of IAH shall meet at least once per calendar year and more frequently if requested by the members of the Committee.
- A quorum shall consist of four elected members of the Polish National Committee Each member of the Committee, whether elected or otherwise, shall have one vote. Decisions will be made by a majority vote with the President or Vice President (in case of President’s absence) having the casting vote if necessary. If a quorum cannot be achieved, business may continue, but the next meeting of the Committee at which there is a quorum must ratify decisions.
- The management committee shall be required to report annually at a meeting of the Polish National Committee on their activities.
Changes to the constitution
- Changes to this constitution may be made upon the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members of the Polish National Committee.
Winding up of the Polish National Committee
- Should the Polish National Committee cease to function then a general meeting will decide it upon the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members of the Polish National Committee.